The City of Union City provides water, sewer, and refuse collection. Utility meters are read and bills generated to customers on a monthly basis. Penalty is charged on payments made after the due date. Service charges apply to accounts not paid before 10:00am on cut off day. An additional fee is charged for after hour reconnection due to non-payment.
All requests for city utility services must be made in person at City Hall. The following requirements and conditions must be met before establishing service.
- A picture ID
- Proof of social security number
- Renters must have a copy of the lease agreement
- Property owners must have a copy of the deed
- Any previous delinquent accounts must be satisfied in full
- Residential Renters Water Deposit: $75
- Business Renters Water Deposit: $125 (minimum)
- Homeowners Water Deposit: None
The above conditions are based on uniform policy without exception.