The City of Union City utilizes a combination of services from Public Works and Red River Waste Solutions to ensure quick and efficient removal of all waste and refuse materials.
Public Works Waste Collection Services:
- Curbside residential trash pick-up (no garbage)
- Curbside limb pick-up (residents only – no contractors)
- Street sweeping
- Leaf collection
- Limb pickup
Red River Services:
Red River Waste Solutions LP provide communitywide solid waste collection services for all residential, commercial and industrial roll off customers in the incorporate boundaries of Union City.
Red River firmly believes in a high level of customer service and accountability. In order to achieve these objectives, we work exclusively from a work order process for quality control purposes. That being said, all customer requests are too be made with the City’s Utility department which will trigger a work order to Red River from the City to review and complete each service request in a timely manner. The work order system provides us the paper trail to make sure all service requests are documented and completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
Refuse Collection Rates:
Basic residential rates are $18.00 per month and will be charged on the utility billing. Additional information on rates and routes schedules can be obtained by contacting City Hall.
Residential Solid Waste Collection
Each residential customer who has an active utility account will utilize 96-gallon roll carts exclusively provided by Red River. Remember, the City will continue to collect all other acceptable waste materials that do not fit into the provided roll carts. We ask that all waste placed into the roll cart be bagged and contained into the cart, this will help avoid blowing items during the collection process. Additional roll carts are available by making a request to the City for an additional fee. The schedule for residential collection is five days a week, Monday through Friday. The collection schedule map is provided below Important information to keep in mind to avoid residential service interruptions:
- Residential solid waste collection will be provided once per week
- Collection date and time - Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Roll Carts must be placed curbside by 6:00 am on the designated collection day
- All solid waste must be in bags and placed into the roll cart
- Roll carts must have unobstructed access
- Place roll carts within five feet from the curb/street with handle facing the house
- REMOVE CARTS FROM THE STREET AFTER COLLECTION
Commercial Solid Waste Collection
Commercial waste collection will remain as currently collected based on the City’s existing billing records. No change to commercial service is initially expected, but collection days may be modified to improve service and collection efficiency. Please call the utility department to request any service modifications. Our commercial dumpster service will include the following:
- Commercial businesses are provided solid waste collection services using metal dumpsters
- Metal dumpsters are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 cubic yard capacities
- Collection frequencies are available from once per week up to six times per week
- Locking devices and casters are available for additional fees – contact Red River 884-2860
- Commercial businesses are responsible for the accessibility, care and cleaning of their dumpsters
- Collection frequencies will be monitored to make sure the service is adequate for the waste volume produced
- Additional commercial pick-ups are available during peak waste volume occurrences
- Roll carts are also available to small commercial business who do not produce a large weekly volume of solid waste
Industrial Solid Waste Collection
Industrial (Roll Off/Compactor) waste collection services will be provided to the community using an on-call or scheduled collection service. Red River will be the sole and only service provider with authority to provide industrial solid waste collection within the incorporate boundaries of Union City. Our industrial roll off dumpster service will include the following:
- Businesses are provided collection services using large roll off dumpsters
- Large roll off dumpsters will be provided in sizes based on cubic yards (20, 30 or 40 cubic yards)
- Compactors are also available for large volume customers.
- Service fees will be comprised of a haul charge, delivery charge, container rental and disposal
- To begin service, a deposit will be required in the amount of 50% of the estimated service charge
- All service requests for industrial service will be made directly with Red River, not the City